Situated on Sydney’s prestigious upper North Shore and only 450m from Killara train station, this c1905 home is a stunning example of the very best of Federation architecture. The home has been beautifully renovated for sophisticated contemporary living yet retains an elegant grandeur befitting its opulent heritage. The property is the centrepiece on 1,856sqm of exquisite level grounds featuring a sensational 36m sandstone frontage and showcasing an established garden paradise complete with rolling lawns and a resort-style swimming pool.
Multiple indoor/outdoor living and entertainment areas on the one level are gently elevated to the north, wonderfully capturing natural light and unique vistas over leafy Killara, while substantial rooms, wide hallways and high ceilings further enhance the sense of space throughout. Interiors seamlessly combine a blend of the traditional and modern, with architectural adornments indicative of the period such as patterned ceilings, stained glass windows and marble/timber fireplaces providing timeless character appeal.
Remarkably versatile, the home offers superb floorplan flexibility and includes separate cottage accommodation, perfect as an office, guest/teenager’s retreat or artist’s/musician’s studio. Its peaceful setting is only moments to village shops, parks and transport, with many renowned schools easily accessible, whilst Sydney CBD is within a comfortable drive or rail commute.
– Sundrenched northerly aspect to all living rooms, gardens, in-ground saltwater swimming pool and verandahs framing the house
– Splendid formal lounge and dining rooms plus open plan family living flowing to a four seasons deck with leafy district views
– Entertainers’ kitchen displays vast island bench, walk-in pantry and all-Miele appliances including double ovens and gourmet induction cooktop
– Spacious master wing offers a bespoke dressing room with extensive built-in wardrobes/storage plus a sophisticated ensuite
– Three additional bedrooms, adaptable study/home office and separate self-contained cottage accommodation together providing enticing lifestyle options
– Immensely private grounds featuring exquisitely manicured level lawns, shaded seating nooks and a relaxing courtyard by the pool
– Luxurious bathrooms, ducted air conditioning, gas central heating, beautiful timber floors and elegant plantation shutters
– Underhouse storage areas, garden irrigation and lighting systems, motorised gate to generous parking including a double carport with security door